Saturday, November 29, 2014

Romans 1:15-20

Unit 1 Choice 2

Romans 1:16 is such a special scripture to me.  I won't go in to why on this blog but just know that it is special.  That is why I choice this for one of my student choice assignments.  With this assignment I got to read more than just the most familiar scripture in chapter 1.  It is clear that Paul has a solid testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We learn the following about his testimony:

Paul wants to share the gospel with everything in him.
The gospel is the key to salvation to those that believe in it.
Those that believe need to live by faith.
He knows that our Heavenly Father is angry with those that know the truth and use it righteously
Each of us can see the beautiful creations that have been made for his through his priesthood and we have no excuse to not believe because it is before us every day.


When it comes to Romans 1:16 this is my favorite quote:

The gospel is the power of God unto salvation.  A power that can make of earth a heaven and of man a God.  (Robert Millet)

From these passages I know that I need to share my testimony as freely as Paul did.  If we live in faith and we know the truth we should have no problem sharing the truth.  The Lord has not hidden the truth from the world.  The power of his creations are something that we all see and enjoy ever day.  That is proof to us all of his power and majesty.  How can we deny who He is?

These are some of my favorite creations.....

    

No comments:

Post a Comment